Thursday, May 31, 2018

Elemental logo I created for a demo being recorded in LA, around 2003-4. Tentatively titled Devil's Kitchen, not sure the fate of that project:


An unrelated note, I always liked the 80s supernatural flick The Gate. Recently re-watched it w/my daughter, & was intrigued by a meaningless detail..
When the neighbor (Terry) goes to his refrigerator, I noticed a Cardinals football magnet:




Cards were a cool, but odd choice to me. Cardinals were not a universally popular team like the Steelers or Cowboys. And they weren't a hot 80s team like the 49ers. The movie was shot in Canada, so I wonder why a (then St Louis) Cards helmet was utilized. Was the set designer a Cards fan, or trying to subtly imply a Midwestern location for the movie (?) Maybe it was just incidental, those magnets were probably distributed thru a national gas station or restaurant chain.. Also looks like business was spelled wrong on the note.

                                                              nat.rain@gmail.com